- How To Finally Break Free From Your Cycle Of Chronic Pain
- Start Healing Your Sports Injuries With Serrapeptase
- How To Find Natural Pain Relief From Peripheral Neuropathy
- How Can Serrapeptase Help To Improve Your Health…?
- 8 Awesome Ways That Serrapeptase Will Bring You Good Health In 2018…
- Could Serrapeptase Help You To Look Younger Than Your Years?
- Here’s How Serrapeptase Can Significantly Reduce Your Back Pain
- How Serrapeptase Can Heal Chronic Ear Infections
- How Serrapeptase Can Save You From The Cold And Flu Season
- How To Naturally Boost Male Fertility And Support Strong Sperm
What are Swollen Glands and what causes them?
What Are Swollen Glands?
Swollen glands are the result of enlarged lymph nodes. In children, a node is considered enlarged if it is more than 0.4 inch in diameter.
What Causes Swollen Glands?
Infections are the most common cause of swollen lymph nodes. These can include tuberculosis, German measles, ear infections, tonsillitis, mumps, and gingivitis (swollen gums). In addition, abscessed or impacted teeth and even sexually transmitted diseases may also cause infections.
Other causes of swollen lymph nodes can include immune or autoimmune disorders resulting in HIV and rheumatoid arthritis. Cancers that may cause swollen glands include Hodgkin’s Disease, leukemia, and also Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Some medications and vaccinations can also cause swollen lymph nodes, depending on the circumstances.