- How Serrapeptase Can Naturally Help You To Achieve Good Eye Health
- 5 Perfectly Good Reasons To Choose Serrapeptase For Natural Pain Relief
- 7 Effective Ingredients For Achieving Natural Pain Relief
- How To Fight Inflammation In Five Easy Steps…
- 12 Questions About Serrapeptase You Were Too Afraid To Ask …
- How Serrapeptase May ‘Solve’ Your Prostate Health Problem
- 8 Subtle Inflammation Warning Signs Your Body Is Telling You…
- How Serrapeptase Can Naturally Heal Your Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- How To Finally Break Free From Your Cycle Of Chronic Pain
- Start Healing Your Sports Injuries With Serrapeptase
What are Swollen Glands and what causes them?
What Are Swollen Glands?
Swollen glands are the result of enlarged lymph nodes. In children, a node is considered enlarged if it is more than 0.4 inch in diameter.
What Causes Swollen Glands?
Infections are the most common cause of swollen lymph nodes. These can include tuberculosis, German measles, ear infections, tonsillitis, mumps, and gingivitis (swollen gums). In addition, abscessed or impacted teeth and even sexually transmitted diseases may also cause infections.
Other causes of swollen lymph nodes can include immune or autoimmune disorders resulting in HIV and rheumatoid arthritis. Cancers that may cause swollen glands include Hodgkin’s Disease, leukemia, and also Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Some medications and vaccinations can also cause swollen lymph nodes, depending on the circumstances.