- Why Is Serrapeptase Good For You? Here Are 14 Great Reasons To Love The ‘Miracle’ Enzyme…
- Most Lung Sufferers Don’t Know These 5 Simple DO’s and DON’Ts…How Many of Them Do You Know?
- Why Should You Take Serrapeptase On An Empty Stomach?
- Can Serrapeptase Make You Sick? Here’s The Truth….
- Which Serrapeptase Brand Is Best For Good Health?
- How Your Every Day Pains Are Caused By Inflammation
- 5 Astounding Reasons Why Collagen Improves Your Bone Health
- Got A Sweet Tooth? Here’s Why Sugar Increases Your Risk Of Depression
- 5 Warning Signs Of Chronic Inflammation You Shouldn’t Ignore
- 10 Ways that Inflammation Can Worsen Your Health Issues
What is Thyroid Health and What Problems Can Occur?
The thyroid gland is found in the neck below the Adam’s apple located on the front of the windpipe. It mainly controls how quickly and effectively the body uses energy, i.e. the metabolism. In addition, it is responsible for secreting thyroid hormones into the body. These control the metabolism along with growth, development and the body’s temperature.
- Goiter: Swelling of the gland characterizes this condition. Moreover, it relates to inflammation called Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
- Thyroiditis: Viral infection or an autoimmune condition often causes this. It can be painful and the symptoms are not obvious.
- Hyperthyroidism: Excessive hormone production is the main cause of this. Graves disease or even an overactive nodule sometimes progresses into hyperthyroidism.
- Hypothyroidism: Low production of hormones causes this autoimmune disease.
- Graves disease: An overstimulated gland causes this autoimmune condition.
- Thyroid cancer: This is an uncommon form of cancer, but is mostly curable with radiation. In addition, surgery and other forms of hormone treatments also help alleviate the disease.
- Thyroid nodule: These consist of small abnormal lumps or masses in the gland. They are extremely common and relatively few are cancerous. In addition, it usually secrete excess hormones and can cause hyperthyroidism.
- Thyroid storm: This is rare and causes hormone levels to become extremely high, therefore causing severe illness in the body.