- How Serrapeptase Can Naturally Help You To Achieve Good Eye Health
- 5 Perfectly Good Reasons To Choose Serrapeptase For Natural Pain Relief
- 7 Effective Ingredients For Achieving Natural Pain Relief
- How To Fight Inflammation In Five Easy Steps…
- 12 Questions About Serrapeptase You Were Too Afraid To Ask …
- How Serrapeptase May ‘Solve’ Your Prostate Health Problem
- 8 Subtle Inflammation Warning Signs Your Body Is Telling You…
- How Serrapeptase Can Naturally Heal Your Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- How To Finally Break Free From Your Cycle Of Chronic Pain
- Start Healing Your Sports Injuries With Serrapeptase
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis and what causes it?
What Is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Fibrosis, including IPF, is the result of thickened or scarred lung tissue. Pulmonary fibrosis, Wegener’s Granulomatosis, and Sarcoidosis all include fibrosis.
What Causes Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis may be the result of a number of factors, like:
- Mineral deficiency, especially selenium and iodine
- Chronic inflammation
- Environmental agents, like silica, asbestos, or certain gas exposure
- Ionizing radiation exposure, including radiation therapy to treat chest tumors
- Chronic health conditions, i.e. rheumatoid arthritis and lupus
- Some medications
A condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis causes lung fibrosis to develop after a heightened immune response when organic dust or occupational chemicals are inhaled. This condition most often occurs when contaminated dust containing fungi, bacteria, or animal products is inhaled.
Sometimes, fibrosis and chronic pulmonary inflammation can develop without any known cause. Many of these patients are diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) that will not respond to medical treatment; other types of fibrosis, like non-specific interstitial pneumonitis (NSIP), may respond better to immunosuppressive therapy or immune balancing nutrients.
In either of these cases, it’s important to use the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Plan to clear up the condition completely or to manage the health issue without the use of medication.