- How Serrapeptase Can Naturally Help You To Achieve Good Eye Health
- 5 Perfectly Good Reasons To Choose Serrapeptase For Natural Pain Relief
- 7 Effective Ingredients For Achieving Natural Pain Relief
- How To Fight Inflammation In Five Easy Steps…
- 12 Questions About Serrapeptase You Were Too Afraid To Ask …
- How Serrapeptase May ‘Solve’ Your Prostate Health Problem
- 8 Subtle Inflammation Warning Signs Your Body Is Telling You…
- How Serrapeptase Can Naturally Heal Your Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- How To Finally Break Free From Your Cycle Of Chronic Pain
- Start Healing Your Sports Injuries With Serrapeptase
What is Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) and What Causes It?
What Is Polycystic Kidney Disease?
Polycystic kidney disease, or polycystic kidney syndrome, is a cystic genetic kidney disorder. The two types of PKD include: autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) and the less-common autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease (ARPKD).
What Causes Polycystic Kidney Disease?
Polycystic kidney disease is marked by multiple cysts, often in both kidneys. The disease can occur in humans and in some animals. Numerous fluid-filled cysts can cause massive kidney enlargement. As the disease progresses, it can damage the liver and pancreas, as well as the heart and brain in rare cases. PKD is one of the most common life-threatening genetic diseases that affects 12.5 million people around the world. Medical professionals believe polycystic kidney disease is caused by genetic defects.