Q: Our 2-year old son has bronchiectasis, as a result of post-infection damage from pneumonia. This happened a year ago and he has been treated with antibiotics (azithromycin) prophylactically last winter and for 2 weeks whenever he has cough (ongoing). We would like to start giving him Serrapeptase and have bought Good Health Naturally 80,000 iU strength tablets. However, these might be difficult for him to take. Please can you advise me on the dosage we should give him? Also, can we give him a day’s dosage in one go, rather than 3 times a day? We could give it to him in the morning, on an empty stomach. Also, might capsules be easier? And can you recommend a brand?
– Joanna H.
A: I feel you are jumping the gun as to what it needs to completely clear up his problems. A Relief for Bronchiectasis based upon my book, ‘Bronchiectasis Rehabilitation in 30 Days’, is all in here. Please have a good read through the Bronchiectasis Health Plan. Q: My wife has two lung conditions, bronchiectasis and mycobacterium avian intercellular. She is not on any antibiotics but she has been taking one Serranol every morning and one Serraenzyme 80,000 every evening. The question is: Should she continue like this or take one or either twice daily, and if so, which would be best?
– John V.
A: The plan for completely recovering from your wife’s problems is in this link. And she might as well follow the Bronchiectasis Activity Plan. If you are staying with the existing products then 1 Serranol and 1 SerraEnzyme, 30mins before each of 3 meals , with a glass of water. Take 6-8 x 500ml glasses of water over the day with a 1/3rd teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in each glass.
Q: Please advise me on what to do with my Pleurisy and Bronchiectasis.
A: CurcuminX4000 and OxySorb are also important as is the food plan. See more at www.ReallyHealthyFoods.com
Q: Hello Robert, I have purchased SerraEnzyme 80,000iu caps for my daughter as below. My mum who is 70+ suffers from bronchiectasis. She has had an operation 3 years ago for cancer of the throat, followed by radiotherapy. And she fell and broke her hip, resulting in a hip replacement 3.5 years ago. I think you may recommend another product for my mum, but as I have a small stockpile of the SerraEnzyme I’d like her to get started with this. Can you recommend dosing please? Thanks.
– Lisa M., United States
A: Lisa, 2-3 x 3 times per day, 30 mins before eating a meal, with a glass of water. Tell me more about her specific problems and I can give specific answers. Take good care.
Q: Hi Robert, I have a client (I am a nutritional therapist) whose son of 20 months has had 2 severe bouts of pneumonia and been left with bronchiectasis (asymptomatic but crackles and secretion retention in base of left lung) and scarring of the lung. He is allergic to penicillin, but is on Azithromycin 3 times weekly as a preventative which is upped daily when he develops a cough – frequent situation, and is on probiotics, multivits and mins, and fish oil (Biocare products). Do you think serrapeptase would help? If so how much how often? I also think he might benefit from Saccromyces boulardii to improve his sIgA levels, and antioxidants too. Any guidance is welcome. Thanks!
Val S., United Kingdom
A: Val, I know the plan from my lung ebook will clear his problems. Just 1/3 everything. Read everything attached please. Serranol – 4 Super Nutrients 1st Line Immune Kit Against The Grain Really Healthy Foods Healthier Lungs in 30 Days
Q: Hi Robert, a friend recommended Serrapeptase to me, I have bronchiectasis but seem to have few symptoms. I cough for a period of about 15 minutes each day and then it is over. I suffer mildly from poor circulation in my hands, other than that I am well. I am 70 and am not on any medication of any description with exception of my vitamins which I take daily. I am fit and well, I ride (horses) a few times a week and of course that entails lots of work as well. Can you tell me what I should take and how much/often? Your advice is much appreciated. With thanks…
-Maureen T., United Kingdom
A: Check out the plan here. Read: Really Healthy Foods Download Healthier Lungs in 30 Days for free on NaturallyHealthyNews
Q: Dear Mr. Redfern, My daughter Tina P. has contacted you regarding my ongoing Pleurisy attacks. In answer to the questions in your email to her on 25th February: 1. The ulcer had perforated and resulted in an operation. 2. I am never certain as to whether I can attribute some Pleurisy attacks to stress but maybe a few are as a result of stress, certainly not all. 3. I have been prescribed Amoxycillin. My diet for a typical day is:
a. Breakfast – bran flakes with skimmed milk
b. Lunch – varies: Rocket with prawns or cold home cooked salmon/grapes/baked potato.
c. I try to eat a good portion of fruit each day.
d. Evening meal – usually two green vegetables with chicken/pork/lamb/fish.
e. Snacks are plain crisps. Cakes, biscuits, puddings or sweets have never had much appeal so I hardly ever eat anything of that nature.
4. The diet I adopted just naturally many years ago and partly due to the advice from a book “You are what you eat” which I have found “suits” me. I enjoy eating a lot of vegetables and fruit. I try to eat fruit and carbohydrates separately from other food. In spite of enjoying cheese I eat very few dairy products and very few carbohydrates – perhaps one or two slices of wholegrain bread per week and a few potatoes. 5. The reason for the stomach ulcer was because a doctor had told me to take Ibuprofen for a shoulder pain. 6. At the time I was recovering from an emergency operation for a twisted bowel and when back in hospital the surgeon said that I should not have been advised to take Ibuprofen so soon after a major operation. Whilst still in hospital after the operation for the stomach ulcer I was warned never ever to take anti inflammatories and never to take anything without having food in the stomach.
A: The prime cause of disease is eating a diet that is too high in sugar and too acid. Stress is also another trigger making us acid, poor breathing, chlorinated water, damp poor ventilated houses, poor genes, smoking and pollution all combine to make matters worse. My mother had similar lung problems and died at 64 years of age. That was when I started my research and after changing my own life have helped many other to turn their life around. I trust if you work with me I can help you too. See my comments below:
- I have had no problems since then. If your digestive tract is healed then protease serrapeptase enzymes should not cause any discomfort.
- It would certainly contribute.
- I trust they also prescribed Probiotics to restore your own immune system?
- Too high in sugar or too acid. My typical breakfast is avocado, shopped cucumber and celery with sea salt and olive oil. Alternatively I eat home made vegetable soup.
- All bread, wheat products and potato is high in sugar and too acid. I eat Salad with salmon, or Veggie soup or similar.
- Dark skinned fruits (cherries, red grapes, plums, berries are low in sugar. Fruits such as banana are high in sugar.
- Try 5 greens and reduce the amount of meat or better still fish again.
- Never is a better word for crisps and the other junk foods. Dark Chocolate is a better vice.
4. When you are completely healthy in a year then try eating these foods and see how fast health problems will start to return – they do for me.
5. The main cause of the majority of all ulcers is the results of taking antibiotics without probiotics. These leads to infection by a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. This has been established for 20 years.
6. The good news is the serrapeptase does not damage the lining of the digestive tract. It helps heal it.
My plan is: SerraEnzyme 80,000iu Curcumin98 MaxiFocus My food plan is here. Download the PDF’s attached. They will help to remind you. Or you may check it on http://www.reallyhealthyfoods.com/.